Are you looking for a quality gas grill but on a limited budget? Or trying to find one that will run for years but doesn’t want to spend too much on it? No need to worry. You can easily get high-performance gas grills with versatile features and quality construction and that even under $300! There are different models out there in the market specific to different requirements.
But what if you invest in a gas grill and it turns out to be cheap and the worst quality?
You’ve come to the right place then. The best gas grills under 300 dollars are here review with the buyer’s guide. Let’s look at the most popular and best reviewed gas grills features and quality and what to look for and avoid.
Contents of This Guide
- Top 10 Best Gas Grills Under $300 Review for 2021
- #1. Cuisinart CGG-7400 Full Size Gas Grill – Editor Choice
- #2. Weber 54060001 Q2200 – Best Value
- #3. Char-Griller E3001 Grillin Pro Gas Grill – Top Rated Gas Grills Under $300
- #4. Char-Broil Performance 475 – Best 4-Burner Gas Grill Under $300
- #5. Coleman RoadTrip 285 – Best Portable Gas Grills Under $300
- #6. Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart Space – Best for 3 Burners
- #7. Char-Broil Performance 300 – Best 2 Burner Gas Grills Under $300
- #8. Char-Broil Classic 360 – Best 3 Burner Gas Grills Under $300
- #9. Giantex Propane Tabletop Gas Grill – Propane Grill Under $300
- #10. Camp Chef Outdoor Camp Oven – Outdoor Gas Grills Under $300
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Top 10 Best Gas Grills Under $300 Review for 2021
Title and Features
1. Cuisinart CGG-7400 Full Size Gas Grill
Cuisinart CGG-7400 is a full-sized gas grill that's affordable. It is made with heavy-duty cast iron, and it comes with up to 4 burners.
2. Weber 54060001 Q2200
Weber 54060001 Q2200 Liquid Propane Grill is a portable gas grill that's affordable. It comes with electronic ignition, built-in thermometer, and a cast Aluminum lid and body.
3. Char-Griller E3001 Grillin Pro Gas Grill
Char-Griller E3001 Grillin' Pro Gas Grill one of the full-sized gas grills. And with its durable steel body works electronic ignition and porcelain-coated cast iron, you can use this gas grill for years.
4. Char-Broil Performance 475
Go for this full-sized gas grill if you're looking for an affordable gas grill. It comes with 4 burners, which gives you an ample amount of cooking space and electronic ignition, which makes grilling a breeze.
5. Coleman RoadTrip 285
Though it's small, improved burner technology gives you 20% better control over the grill. It's also a really affordable grill.
6. Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart Space
Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart model of the full-sized gas grill from Dyna-Glo comes with 3 burner. It comes with double-walled stainless steel and a control valve option for flexibility and better performance.
7. Char-Broil Performance 300
This two-burner gas grill from Char-Broil comes with a preinstalled lid thermometer. It also offers up to 300 square inches of cooking surface for convenience.
8. Char-Broil Classic 360
Char-Broil Classic 360 is the upgraded version of the Char-Broil Performance 300. This is an affordable gas grill that comes with 3 burner and up to 360 square inches cooking surface.
9. Giantex Propane Tabletop Gas Grill
Giantex Propane Tabletop Gas Grill is a stainless steel tabletop gas grill. It comes with two burner, and it's foldable legs make it even more portable.
#1. Cuisinart CGG-7400 Full Size Gas Grill – Editor Choice
- Product Dimensions: 54 x 22.5 x 46.5 inches
- BTU: Total 44, 000 BTUs, 11, 000 BTUs per burners
- Cooking Area: Total 443 square inch with an additional 167 square inch warming rack
- Heavy-duty cast iron cooking grates
- 2 – 18-inch x 13-inch side tables
- Stainless Steel lid and control panel
- Built-in thermometer
The 4-in-1 feature of the Cuisinart CGG-7400 grill means you get 4 burners in one grill and that even under $300. This high-powered gas grill can bring about a total of 44,000 BTUs of heat on 610 square inches of cooking space totally. The 4 stainless steel burners are independently controlled meaning you can cook food at different heat levels at the same time. Just twisting the knob will easily start the ignition without needing matchsticks or lighters. The warming rack above the burners will let you keep the finished cook warm. There are also 2 side prep tables for extra storage and the built-in lid thermometer helps you monitor the heat and the food.
Another sleek feature is the inbuilt bottle opener which will help you pop a bottle of lemonade to escape the compact grilling heat. With its solid stainless steel construction prevents the grill from rusting and last through years and the enamel paint finish makes it easy to clean and maintain. Overall, the Cuisinart CGG-7400 offers multiple burners, power, durability, and useful features making it a fantastic choice for gas grills under 300.
- Extra-Large Cooking Space
- 44,000 BTUs of Heat
- 4 Separate Knob Controls
- Twist Start Ignition
- 2 Side Prep Tables
- Warming Rack
- Built-In Thermometer and Bottle Opener
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Heavy weight
- Small Grease Tray
#2. Weber 54060001 Q2200 – Best Value
- Cooking Area: 280 Square Inches
- Stainless steel burner puts out 12,000 BTU-per-hour
- Electronic ignition system
- Folding side tables
- Built-in thermometer
Among the generic designed grills available on the market, the Weber 54060001 Q2200 gas grill offers a great aesthetic along with versatile features. Despite the small size, the stainless steel burner produces 12,000 BTUs of heating power with a total of 280 square inches of the cooking area with a warming rack. Weber Q2200 has an infinite control burner valve setting and a quick and easy electronic ignition system. The glass-reinforced nylon frame ensures durability and the solid cast aluminum construction prevents rust or corrosion. The porcelain-coated iron grates and the removable catch pan are easy to clean and maintain.
The side shelves can be folded and tucked away for easier storage and more portability. Ideal for limited space, you can take this grill to camp or on road trips without needing much time to assemble or set up. Compact, lightweight, and portable, the Weber 54060001 Q2200 is one of the most popular choices for bbq grill under $300.
- Well-Built with Quality Materials
- Durable and Rust Resistant
- Lightweight and Compact Design
- Consistent Heat for Cooking
- Very Little Cooking Space Needed
- Heat Retention
- Easy to Assemble
- Infinite Control Burner Valve and Electronic Ignition System
- Built-In Lid Thermometer
- Removable Catch Pan for Easy Clean-Up
- Foldable Shelves with Glass-Reinforced Nylon Frame
- Lots of Accessories Available
- Ideal for Occasional Use
- Suitable for Limited Recipes
#3. Char-Griller E3001 Grillin Pro Gas Grill – Top Rated Gas Grills Under $300
- Item Dimensions: 48.00 x 28.00 x 48.00 inches
- Cooking Area: Total 630 square inches
- Warming Rack: 192 square inches
- BTU: 40,800 BTUs
- Side Burner: 12,000 BTUs
- Material: Steel
- Electronic ignition system
- Solid and durable construction
If you are on a tight budget but in need of high-capacity cooking power, then the Char-Griller E3001 Grillin Pro Gas Grill is perfect for you. A combination of gas grill power and charcoal grill design, the 3 burners provide 40,800 BTUs with an additional 12,000 BTUs from the side burner and 630 square inches of total cooking space. The electronic ignition ensures fast start-up and maintains an even and constant temperature. The grill is made of durable steel construction and the porcelain-coated cast iron campfire cooking grates enable the grill to reach high temps quickly and maintain it. The entire body is powder-coated black as the color absorbs 92% of heat and reduces fuel consumption by keeping the grill hot longer.
There are three utensil hooks on the edge of the 2 side tables which have been provided as extra storage or prep space. Cleaning the Char-Griller is relatively easy as the grease drippings can be covered by the compact detachable grease trays. The Char-Griller E3001 is one of the best bbq grills under $300 due to its great performance, durability, and reasonable price.
- Huge Cooking Space Provided
- Durable Steel Construction
- Quick Temperature Increase
- Heat Resistant Handles
- Dual Stacks for Uniform Heating
- Extra Burner for Warming Rack Provided
- Electronic Ignition System
- Accurate Thermometer
- 2 Drip Trays and Porcelain Grates Easy to Clean
- Premature Rust and Corrosion
- Cheap and Low Quality Wheels
#4. Char-Broil Performance 475 – Best 4-Burner Gas Grill Under $300
- Product Dimensions: 25.8 x 53.1 x 45 inches
- Primary Cooking Area: 475 square inches
- Swing Away Rack Area: 175 square inches
- BTU: Total 36,000-BTUs cart-style gas grill with 10,000-BTUs lidded side burner
- Material: Stainless steel burners & heat tents
- Electronic ignition for fast startup
The Char-Broil makes some quality low-budget grills and the Char-Broil Performance 475 is no exception to that. The 4 burners give combined power of 36,000 BTUs of heat, along with a lidded side burner giving 10,000 BTUs. The cooking space it offers is also huge as well, with 475 square inches as primary space and an additional 175 square inches as a warming rack. Each burner has an independent electronic ignition system for perfect temperature control and the inbuilt temperature gauge helps with that. The cooking grates and gas grills are made of porcelain enameled stainless steel which ensures great heat retention, durability, and easy cleaning. The side shelves are useful for more prep space and the removable grease pan allows easy clean up. With mobility, quality build, and lucrative features, the Char-Broil 475 gas grill is a high-performance grill with a modest range.
- Well-Built and Stable
- Total 46,000 BTUs of Heat
- Huge Cooking Space
- Electronic Ignition for Fast and Reliable Start-ups
- Built-In Temperature Gauge
- Porcelain Coated Stainless Steel Construction
- Durable Side Shelves
- Removable Grease Pan
- Easy to Clean And Maintain
- Wheels for Mobility and Easy Transport
- Value for Money
- Hard to Assemble
#5. Coleman RoadTrip 285 – Best Portable Gas Grills Under $300
- Product Dimensions: 30.2 x 19.2 x 16.1 inches
- Cooking Area: Total 285 square inches
- BTU: Up to 20,000 total BTUs
- Push-button ignition
A great addition to portable propane grills, the Coleman RoadTrip 285 offers a range of grilling power from 3,250 to 20,000 BTUs and 285 square inches of the cooking area. There are 3 independently adjustable burners and the instant start ignition for push-button ensures no match is needed for start-up. The built-in thermometer helps to keep the right temperature for your meat. Along with 2 side tables for utensils and sauces, this portable grill includes a water pan to catch grease drips while cooking and can be easily removed for cleaning.
The compact and sturdy design comes with foldable legs, 2 wheels, and a locking lid so that it’s safer to set up and transport. The improved burner technology gives 20% better control over grilling power, more than many full-sized grills. Even though being a small portable grill, Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable combines versatile features and efficient cooking at an affordable price.
- Foldable legs and wheels for better portability
- 3 easily adjustable burner
- Removable water pan
- 2 durable side tables
- Integrated thermometer
- Instastart ignition button for matchless lighting
- Locking lid for safe transport
- Swaptop interchangeable cooktops
- Easy to clean and storage
- Value for Money
- The grill top may come loose prematurely
#6. Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart Space – Best for 3 Burners
- Product Dimensions: 22.82 x 49.14 x 45.05 inches
- BUT: Total 36,000 BTUs, per burner 1,200 BTUs
- Cooking Area: Total 507 square inch, primary area 390 square inch, warming rack 117 square inch
- Material: Stainless steel
- Electric pulse ignition activates the burners
One of the high-end best propane gas grills under 300, Dyna-Glo has been designed to deliver the highest performance with limited space. It offers 390 square inches of cooking space along with 117 square inches as a prepping and warming rack. The 3 straight stainless steel burners produce 36,000 BTUs total and these are activated by separate easy-push electro-pulse ignition buttons.
There are 2 porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates that transfer the heat directly to the food. For maximum control over heat retention, this gas grill has a double-wall stainless lid and steel heat tents to protect the burners. The temperature gauge on the top is useful for checking the temperature and the state of the food. The infinite setting control valve options provide flexibility and the best grilling performance. The additional features include tool hooks, towel bars, and collapsible side shelves giving extra space during cooking. The level of efficiency, functionality, and style the Dyna-Glo grill offers is what to expect from a proper outdoor grill.
- Compact and Durable Design
- Portable and Easy to Clean
- Powerful Heat Output
- Stainless Steel Commercial Grade Burners
- Easy-Push Electro-Pulse Ignition System
- Inbuilt Temperature Gauge
- Infinite Setting Control Valves
- Tool Hooks and Towel Bars
- Collapsible Side Tables
- Easy for Mobility And Storage
- Porcelain-Coated Cast Iron Cooking Grates
- Value for Money
- Premature Rusting
#7. Char-Broil Performance 300 – Best 2 Burner Gas Grills Under $300
- Product Dimensions: 24.5 x 42.9 x 44 inches
- Primary Cooking Area: 300 square inches
- Swing-away Rack: 100 square inch
- BTU: Total 24,000-BTUs cabinet gas grill
- Electronic ignition For fast startup
- Constructed of stainless steel
If 4 burners turned out to be too much firepower for you, then this Char-Broil performance 300 gas grills may become your answer. It’s entirely reliable and effective for smaller cookouts. The 2 stainless steel burners deliver 12,000 BTUs of heat each and the cooking space offers 300 square inches with an additional 100 square inches as the swing-away warming rack. The start-up is fast and easy due to the electronic ignition system and the temperature gauge helps monitor the heat without opening the lid.
The removable grease pan can be easily replaced and cleaned. The whole construction is made of stainless steel with porcelain-coated cast-iron grates offering durability and frequent use. Two foldable metal side shelves are durable and offer extra work and prep space and the storage cabinet conveniently keeps the propane tank hidden. There are four casters on the unit, two of which lock, for easier portability. The Char-Broil Performance 300 small and compact, but it packs a high-performance efficiency considering the price.
- Stylish and Durable Design
- Easy to Assemble
- Two Efficient Stainless-Steel Burners
- Porcelain-Coated Cast Iron Grills
- Swing-Away Warming Rack for Food Rotation
- Foldable Metal Side Shelves
- Built-In Lid Thermometer
- Removable Grease Pan for Easy Cleanup
- Low Maintenance
- Convenient Storage Access
- Easier Mobility with Four Casters
- Value for Money
- Uneven Heat During Cooking
#8. Char-Broil Classic 360 – Best 3 Burner Gas Grills Under $300
- Product Dimensions: 24.1 x 51.2 x 43.5 inches
- BTU: Total 30,000 BTU’s, per burner 1,000 BTUs
- Primary Cooking Area: 360 square inch
- Swing-Away Warming Rack: 170 square inch
- Material: Stainless steel burners
- Piezo ignition system for fast startup
The last addition from the Char-Broil product line, the Char-Broil Classic 360 gas grill is a trustworthy and reliable choice despite being one of the cheapest options out there. This classic grill comes with 3-burners producing up to 30,000 BTUs of heat along with an 8,000 side burner for preparing sauces or side dishes. There is about 360 square inches of primary surface area and another 170 square inches of secondary surface area provided for cooking. The outer lid and the firebox, both are made out of porcelain-coated steel to increase durability and better temperature control even with frequent use.
Char-Broil grill also has a side tray for prep work and a no drip pan. The Classic gas grill may not have an electronic ignition system, but the Piezo ignition system ensures a very quick and easy start-up. The side shelf offers extra space to hold food and grilling accessories. Also, the two 6-inches wheels provide mobility for both indoor and outdoor use. Due to the small size, this grill may be not ideal for large cookouts. However, for small families or gatherings, it is the perfect choice at its price range.
- Very Lightweight Construction
- Portable and Compact
- Stainless Steel and Porcelain Coating
- Extra Side Burner for Making Side Dishes
- Extra Side Shelf for Storage
- Easily Adjustable Knobs
- Piezo Ignition System
- Highly Affordable
- Wheels for Easy Mobility
- Not Foldable
- Not Suitable for Big Gatherings
#9. Giantex Propane Tabletop Gas Grill – Propane Grill Under $300
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 18 x 15 inches
- BTU: Total 20,000 BTUs, Per burner 10,000 BTUs
- Material: Stainless steel
- Cooking Area: 266.5 square inches
Here is one of the best tabletop gas grills, The Giantex Propane Tabletop Gas Grill. Perfect for BBQ-grillers, this gas grill comes with the 2 stainless steel burners. Each burner is equipped with its own push-and-turn ignition system for an easy and quick start-up without matches. The easily adjustable burners also deliver 20,000 BTUs and they heat up fast and maintain their temperature. The compact design of this grill with its foldable legs and a lockable lid allows portability and easy storage.
The whole construction is made of durable 430 stainless steel and is quite convenient when it comes to cleaning and maintenance. The drip tray collects all extra juices, fats, and grease from the food you are grilling, making it healthier and easy to clean. The lid has a built-in thermometer and a lock system which further increases the safety of this tabletop grill. With its affordable price and great features, the Giantex grill is an excellent choice for any backyard BBQ party or camping trip.
- Solid 430 Stainless Steel Construction
- Two Independent Adjustable Burners
- Push-And-Turn Ignition Buttons
- Heating Power of 20,000 BTUs
- No Assembly Needed
- Fast Heating
- Easy Portability and Storage
- Built-In Thermometer and Locking Lid
- Easy to Clean
- Only Works with 20 Pound Propane Tank
#10. Camp Chef Outdoor Camp Oven – Outdoor Gas Grills Under $300
- Product Dimensions: 18 x 24 x 31 inches
- BTU: Total 15,000 BTUs, 7,500 BTU’s per burners
- Construction: Stainless steel
- Built-in oven heat gauge
- Convenient carry handles for easy carry
If you want the luxury and comfort of home cooked meals amidst outdoor camping, then Camp Chef Outdoor camp Oven is just the thing for you. This stove oven gas combo grill offers compact size, portability, and more than 15,000 total BTUs of cooking power. There are 2 self-igniting burners with a matchless ignition system and fully adjustable heat control dials. The oven is powered by a disposable 1-lb. propane can but adapting tank hose adapter; it can also use bulk propane tank. The oven thermometer helps maintaining the heat and good insulation ensures baking more using less fuel. The nonstick enamel cooking surface and removable oven racks make cleaning swift and easy. The Camp Chef combo is affordable, versatile, portable, durable, and efficient. Whether for camping or outing, this a great choice as a cooking companion.
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Fully adjustable temperature dials
- Matchless Ignition system
- Convenient carry-handles for portability
- 3-sided wind protection
- Built-in oven thermometer
- Nonstick enamel cooking surface for easy cleaning
- Removable oven racks
- Insulated oven for efficient heat retention
- Adaptable for a bulk tank
- No Automatic Oven Temperature Control
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can You Use Gas Grills Indoor?
It is not recommended to use your outdoor grill inside because of the large amount of carbon monoxide it produces. It’s better to install and leave the propane tank outdoor and use the grill in a well-ventilated room indoors.
How Many BTUs Do You Need in a Gas Grill?
A BTU, which stands for British thermal unit, measures the amount of heat produced by the gas grill. When buying a grill, compare the BTUs to the size of your cooking space. Try to search for 80-100 BTUs per square inch of cooking space. Also, the higher the BTU, the faster the fuel burns out.
Do I Need A Separate Side Burner?
A side burner is not a must for your grill but it can be useful to prepare side dishes like – vegetables, soups, or rice along with the main grill items. Buying a separate side burner can be expensive, so it’s better to invest in a grill that already includes a side burner.
How Long Should A Gas Grill Last?
A good gas grill should last at least between 5-10 years. It depends on care, maintenance, and product quality. Regular cleaning, covering, and oiling the grill will increase the grill’s lifespan. But you may have to replace parts from time to time before the entire grill is to be replaced.
Now people have hardly the time for laboring over manual wood and charcoal grills, rather gas grills giving us the same grilled flavor with much shorter time and effort. Choosing a gas grill doesn’t have to be a sacrifice and tragedy, rather the best gas grills under 300 listed above are all capable of delivering quality performance at a friendly price. So, be it for your backyard or outdoor camping, get ready, and seize your grilling adventure!